Interested in mentoring?
Find out how you can be involved
If you would like learn more about Foster Progress’s work of helping youth from foster care achieve their college dreams, please get in touch today. We're looking for people who embody optimism and can invest their time in the life of a young person who needs support.
- College degree
- Having a car, drivers license, and car insurance is helpful but not a requirement
- Initial phone screening or interest session
- Mentor application
- In-person interview
- Copy of your driver’s license (if applicable)
- Copy of your car insurance (if applicable)
- Reference check
- Driving record check (if applicable)
- Fingerprint background check
- Training 1 - What is Foster Care?
- Training 2 - Mentoring for College Success
- Training 3 - Financial Aid for Youth from Foster Care
- Mandatory Reporter online training
- Quarterly meetings at our office (or virtually if you're outside of Chicago)
- Weekly mentoring sessions with youth in your community